So, it’s a little later than I usually post and you probably thought I’d forgotten about our little weekly get-together. But alas, I have not! It’s just been a bit of busy day. So let’s get on with celebrating the things that made this week special!
- My employer recently added a new benefit, Smart Dollar. Truth be told, I didn’t want to do it. I’ve always been reticent to do “money” programs, mostly because I think I don’t like being told what to do. . . and I don’t want to have to admit that I haven’t always made great money choices. I admitted here a few weeks ago that finances were something that consistently caused me stress, so when the opportunity arose, I knew I had to take it. I went to the info session and signed up. I’ve been using the budgeting tool and hope the info helps me to be less anxious about finances.
- I got in the habit of grabbing breakfast on my way to work one day a week. For whatever reason, I stopped several months ago. But yesterday, I was running late, it was a gloomy day and I needed a pick-me-up, so I stopped in at one of my favorite places, Dozen Bakery. Their blueberry muffins are my absolute favorite, and they serve Crema coffee. DELICIOUS!
- I cut the cord on cable last weekend and chose to go with Hulu with Live TV. For me, the switch has been mostly seamless. I still get to watch all the shows I want to watch, have more sports channels than before and by donating to PBS, I get access to all the local NPT and Masterpiece shows I like. I may add the Hallmark Movies channel on Amazon Prime in the future, but for now I’m happy. Even if my live CBS station on Hulu wasn’t so great this morning.
- It’s been a weird week of odds and ends at work, with me tacklings tasks on lots of various bits and pieces of my job. Even though it’s felt disjointed, my planner seems to say that I’ve made progress.
- I got a haircut and color yesterday from Elliot at Aura Salon. He does such an excellent job on my color that everyone thinks it’s natural! (Which makes me laugh and laugh.)
- I get to hang out with a few friends tomorrow for a brunch and then we’re going to do a little crafting. We may sound like little old ladies, but it will be fun. And with our lives going in so many different directions, it will be good to get to hang out and see one another.