It’s Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday! (Say that in the style of “sabado, sabado, sabado” on your favorite Spanish station.)
And you all know what Wednesday means, right? Dispatches! Who’s excited? Who’s been counting down the days since last week? Who thinks I’m delusional and not the least bit funny? (You can put your hands down. I’ll smack you upside the head later.)
Anyway, Dispatches. Let’s get on with our regularly scheduled program:
• Ever had one of those mornings where nothing really goes wrong, but you just feel a bit off? That’s today for me. When the alarm went off, instead of hitting the snooze button once (I allow myself one hit of the snooze every morning), I hit the reset alarm button. That means that 9 minutes later, my alarm does NOT go off again. It suffices to say I got out of bed a tiny bit later than usual. Not much, but some. Then there was feeding the dog, myself, and watering the patio plants, which I just decided to do. I usually do that in the afternoons. Then, I didn’t care what my hair looked like or what I wore, resulting in slightly out-of-control hair and clothing that I think is all just slightly too big. That’s better than too small, I guess! Then, I was searching for brown socks to wear with my brown pants. And couldn’t find them in the drawer. (If you’ve never seen my sock drawer, it is akin to my massive “collection” of pajamas.) Where are my brown socks?, I asked. WHERE ARE MY BROWN SOCKS?! (Did I miss 60B? DID I MISS 60B?!) Guys, I have more than one pair of brown socks. And couldn’t find any of them. I don’t remember wearing them. Maybe the sock goblin ate them?
• Speaking of snooze buttons, who is the weirdo that decided the intervals of how long a “snooze” lasts? I mean, why 8 or 9 minutes as most clocks allow? It’s just such a random number!
• Someone put a sign on my door that reads “Grass Skirts 25¢.” I don’t know why. (I do think it’s from the VBS sale yesterday, but still, why me?)
• I think allergies suck. Or at least that’s my self-diagnosis/observation. Last night, despite feeling bleh and being congested and having a sore throat, I read a lot of the book I’m reading The Last Summer (of you and me). The reason this affects how I feel? It makes me cry. A lot. I know one of the sisters is going to die and I can’t take it. Crying is not conducive to breathing in my state, though, so I eventually had to put the book down. But while it’s not an award-winning novel or the level of a classic, I can’t put it down. I just want to finish it. I want to know what happens. I want Paul and Alice to stop being all stupid and just get over themselves.
• I never thought I was a sci-fi person. Not really, anyway. I mean, it was my brother who watched “StarTrek” and all those kinds of shows. I’d just watch when he had it on while I was in the room, and usually, I was reading a book or on the computer or doing something else. But I think I must have paid more attention than I thought, because I sort of remember all kinds of things from “StarTrek: The Next Generation.” And lately, I’ve found myself watching the Sci-Fi network (which inexplicably changed it’s name to “ScyFy,” which in my opinion is dumb). Of particular note in this time before fall TV hits the airwaves? “Warehouse 13.” It’s light-hearted, but sort of has that “XFiles”/Rambaldi part of “Alias” feel.
• It’s less than a week until the Heart concert! I will get up and leave, though, if “Barracuda” does not make an appearance. OK, maybe not leave, but I will go out into the lobby in search of the Hatch Show print made for the show. B/c I love Hatch Show prints.
• I’m oddly excited about my lunch today. It’s leftovers, which is what makes the excitement odd. But it’s leftovers of a pasta thing I made last night involving sausage ravioli, asparagus, mushrooms, and prosciutto and Parmesan/Romano cheese with a light cream sauce. Yummy!
That’s it for today. I hope you all have happy Wednesday. 🙂