As the week winds down and we head to the July 4 holiday, it just seems like a good time to reflect on the good things in life. So here’s a few of the recent “good things” that have made my life a little richer!
- A morning walk (in the light misty rain) with Mac. We stayed out a little longer this morning, trying to work some actual cardio into the stroll. I’m not sure we were actually successful on that front, but we both had a good time.
- A good book. Because I do so much reading and writing for my job, I sometimes come home at night and want to push anything word-related away. But I decided to pick up a book on my reading list for the year and spend a little time reading each night as a way to unwind. While I haven’t been super successful at the “each night” part of that, the book is really good. If you like mysteries, check out The Life We Bury.
- A crockpot meal. There are some nights when it’s a struggle for me to get home from work, care for my house and dog, exercise and get to the next place I’m supposed to be. This week, a simple chicken and potato meal in the crockpot saved me from both an unhealthy fast food dinner and not eating until after 8 p.m. Crockpot meals are becoming a favorite of mine. I even made a board on Pinterest!
- Opportunities. I recently decided to try to pursue some freelance options more aggressively. A big dream of mine is to have an article published in a major magazine or website. While I’m not there yet, I’m actively trying to find ways to do some freelance writing and/or editing/proofreading. If you know of opportunities, let me know!
- The promise of the holiday! My work graciously gave us July 3 off, too, so I now have a long weekend. I’m planning a short trip to the Smokies to celebrate!