Well, it’s Friday and it’s a “Good Things” Friday here at Unfinished Business. So, let’s just get started listing a few blessings and happy things in my life over the last couple of weeks!
- Yummy cobbler. With ice cream. And friends.
- While we’re on the topic of food, let’s put homemade cinnamon rolls up there. I made some to help encourage some coworkers with a big deadline today—and the cinnamon rolls may have also encouraged me.
- It’s my month again to teach in the children’s area of my church. My friend Michelle and I teach a kindergarten class. Last week was a little rough with all the kids being amped up from July 4, but I’m still happy I get to hang out with them. They move up to a new class at the end of the month, and I’m so amazed at how much they have grown up and matured over these last few months. I hope we’ve planted some seeds of the gospel!
- This guy.
- Meeting a printer deadline with no stress or tears! Yay!
- A Cardinals come-from-behind win (in the 9th) over the Cubs on Wednesday night. I may have stood up in my living room and cheered (and told the Cubs fans to sit down. ) You know, because they can hear you through the TV.
- Feeling like I’m doing a good job tying up loose ends and ending a chapter in my life at my current job well.
- Getting the silverware drawer open after a large spatula jammed it—with only minor
- injuries to my hand.
- The weekend, folks. The weekend. It’s coming! ENJOY IT!