This morning, I made a decision to stop in at the 24-hour WalMart on my way to work to pick up some coffee for the Keurig at work. I’d run out of my own stash in my office, and apparently, we don’t buy it for the whole department anymore, so I was stuck with some coffee I didn’t like. (Yes, I realize this is a first world problem.)
But I decided to stop in at WalMart on my way to work so that the ugliness of me searching for coffee wouldn’t repeat this morning. And I discovered some interesting facts about WalMart and the people who shop there at 7 a.m.
• They use a Zamboni like device to mop the floors. It’s actually pretty awesome.
• It’s a good place for people watching. I saw a young couple wearing matching hot pink T-shirts shopping for groceries together. There was a guy about my dad’s age apparently doing his bi-weekly trip to WalMart for supplies. The dude two people in front of me in line was buying pillows. I guess he’d had a hard night.
• The checkers are tired at 7 a.m. I don’t know if it’s because they’ve worked a night shift or just because they just got there, but they seemed exhausted.
• Even at 7 a.m., you’re going to have to wait in line because there won’t be enough lanes open.
• Way more people than I thought go to WalMart at 7 a.m.
• If you have a 7 a.m. shift at WalMart in the fall, on of your jobs might be to pull a big pallet of pumpkins around and put them in conspicuous places so people will buy them.
Fun times! Happy Wednesday, friends!