I know you’ve been missing “Dispatches” intensely. (And if you haven’t, keep it under your hat.) So here are a few things that have been happening or at least rattling around my brain:
• My brother and sister-in-law announced that they’re expecting. Niece/Nephew #2 will be here in early July!
• Andy Gullahorn and Jill Phillips’ Christmas album, aptly title “Christmas,” is one of my favorites.
• When my family got back from our vacation in Branson (don’t laugh!) my mom’s coffee pot, a Kitchen-Aid, was flashing an error message. She called, thinking she’d only had it a year and that the warranty was still intact. It wasn’t, since the coffee maker was actually two years old and only had a one-year warranty. Mom was really sad about it (she LOVES that coffee maker) and just told the woman from Kitchen-Aid how sad she was, not expecting anything or trying to get something from them. The lady put her on hold, then came back and said they want to keep customers happy and would like to keep her as a customer, so they were going to replace it. They now have a customer for life!
• I was recently asked to use my blog to help promote some ministries that help “the least of these.” I’m so excited to be able to use a hobby to help the Kingdom!
• I am so ecstatic that college basketball is starting up! And that currently my Mizzou Tigers are ahead of KU in several rankings!
• I’m running a night 5K to benefit a charity that works against human trafficking. Worthy cause, but there’s also pizza at the end. And I love pizza! I’ll even run 3 miles to eat it! 🙂
• I wish several people on my hallway at work didn’t use speaker phone exclusively. I know SO much about their work and lives. . .
• Tonight, I’m speaking to several of my college professor friend’s students about writing better personal statements for med school and other programs. I’m really excited about it!
That’s all for today! I hope you’re having a beautiful day 🙂