It’s the first day of August.
Or as I’m going to term it “The Month of Insanity.”
This month, I have to:
• Complete editing a 240-page Bible study
• Edit the November issue of the magazine
• Get a jumpstart on the December edit so that I’m basically done by September 20.
• Keep the magazine’s website, FB, and Twitter up and running and interacting with people
• Edit all the recipes to be included in my church’s new cookbook
• Drink copious amounts of coffee
• Not stress over things that are beyond my control and learn the lesson of trusting God more and more fully
• Say good-bye to a good friend and coworker
• Help with a house concert and bridal shower
• Go to Missouri and sing at the church I grew up in on last time before my parents leave for wherever God leads them to serve
Needless to say, August 1 marks the beginning of a very busy month. A hard month, a month of a lot of good-byes and new beginnings, a month of celebrations and joys, stress and letting go.
It’s going to be an interesting one, but hopefully, at the end, I won’t be completely crazy or grumpy and I know I’ll be able to speak the truth whether I feel it or not: God is faithful.