Oh, dear ones! It has been a week. . . except that now every one of my weeks can be described that way, so I’m dubbing “crazy busy” the new normal and moving on. But not before I share a few of the things that have been running around my brain this week. . . .
You know you love “Dispatches.” It’s your guilty pleasure. Admit it.
Oh, no? Whatever.
• I love SweetTarts with a passion that’s a little to the left of normal. I realize this. But do you guys know what? SweetTarts makes candies for Easter! It’s called SweetTart Bunnies, Ducks and Chicks. And it’s amazing. And I have some in my office. That I’m sharing with people. When the stock gets low, though, I can’t be held accountable for hoarding this sweet and tart treats!
• Yesterday was MLB Opening Day. The Cardinals lost. I hope this is not a sign of how the season is going to go.
• I had a headache for two days. . . and last night I finally just took two Advil PM and went to bed. Headache’s gone!
• I made a pot roast this week. It was a resounding success! Yay, me! Historically, my pot roasts have not turned out anything like my mom’s. I’m still not sure this one is as good as her’s, but at least it wasn’t as bad as the ones I’ve made before!
• There is this guy at work who is constantly making noise. He hums; he clicks; he sings snatches of songs. All. the. time. The other day some of our department went to breakfast together. We’re all sitting there looking at the menus and he starts humming/singing. No one is talking. It was a bit weird. And funny.
• Yesterday morning I wanted to get my run out of the way, so I headed to the gym at 6 a.m. About halfway through my 3 miles, a woman got on the treadmill two away from me. She immediately revved it up to warp speed and grabbed on to the bar to run. I could tell from the way she was moving that the speed was way too fast and if you have to hold on to the machine to go at that speed, it’s too fast for you. Holding on messes up your alignment and you’re not actually testing your true ability. But that’s just me yammering on about a pet peeve. The reason for this tale: She also did the random singing/humming thing. And she couldn’t sing, but it didn’t stop her from randomly belting out off-key “woos.” The weirdest part? She wasn’t listening to music. And when she wasn’t singing, she was making weird squeaky noises. The guy on the treadmill beside me and I shared a nice little smile over her.
• I want to rearrange my office. I fear this is simply me trying to procrastinate. But I need something different in my life!
Well, I’m off to do some work. Or rearrange my office. Or something. Have a happy Friday!