So it’s been that day when nothing has gone as planned. I got to work, set about doing the post for the magazine’s blog, and then realized we had a meet and greet I’d completely forgotten about.
Sigh. It’s 10 a.m. and I’ve accomplished nothing!
So today’s “Dispatches” may be short and sweet. Ready?
• The intercom at work just came on with a loud buzz. It went off quickly, but one time that happened and it stayed on forever and almost drove me CRAZY. I complained about it on Twitter and someone tweeted to the communications office to make it stop so that I wouldn’t be driven nuts!
• It’s supposed to be 40 degrees tomorrow. . . and I’m ecstatic. That’s kind of crazy.
• Tomorrow is our second Upward game to cheer, and practice was canceled because of the bad weather. It may be TERRIBLE. Or awesome. You never know when the cheerleaders range from 5-9 years old.
• I went to a random show with a friend this week and just kind of went because I knew he wanted someone to go with him. It turned out to be an awesome, fun time full of country classics done well. I didn’t know I like country classics so much until that moment!
• My Saturday keeps getting busier and busier. At 8 a.m. I’m running with a friend. At 11 a.m. I’m going to Upward. After Upward, I’m going to go home and change, then head to work to work on some stuff and try to get us back on schedule. Then, I’m going to a movie with friends. And at some point, unless I find time to do it today, I have to bake a cake for my church’s 100th anniversary celebration.
• I am signed up to run the Country Music half marathon! Eek! I’m completely pumped and completely terrified. So now, I have to run even when I don’t want to because I don’t want to die on race day and I do want to finish well.
Well, I must work. Have a happy Friday!