Ahhhh. . . .
That’s the sound of satisfaction when you settle in to something familiar and well-loved. Which in this case is “Dispatches,” of course!
It’s been two weeks or so since you’ve read this familiar post, and I know you’re longing to welcome it back like a long-lost friend. A real friend, not just some random person from high school you found on Facebook and “friended.”
I better hear the joy and the sighs of contentment. I’m waiting. . . .
OK, whatever. Let’s get on with the show.
• Last night I had my picture taken at church for the directory. The Atrocity of 2007 was not repeated. (OK, I can’t remember when the last directory was done, but my picture was SO terrible that I only ever looked at half of the free 8×10 they sent me, then stuffed it back in the envelope, put the envelope somewhere I hope to never find again, and promptly forgot about it. And that BEAUTIFUL picture appeared in the directory.)
• I’m driving to Missouri tomorrow, then after church on Sunday, my entire family is going to Branson for the entire week of Thanksgiving. Obviously not my choice of locations, but I think it’s going to be fun and I’m ready to be with the people who have loved me through all of my flaws and failures. I love my friends here and hate that I can’t hang out with most of you this weekend, but I’m ready to see the family for an extended period of time.
• It’s likely I won’t have a big homemade Thanksgiving meal since we’re going to be in Branson. It’s good that I did that last weekend.
• I think the muffin making for profit may happen. I’m still working on the price list.
• Today after work, I’m making the pumpkin cream cheese muffins to take to the family. Then, I’m hoping to hang out with friends before I head out for my week “abroad.”
• A friend of mine is having a house concert in January. Fun! I’m “catering.” Which basically means providing some baked goods and snacks. 🙂
That’s all I’ve got. I have to get to work and run down to the convention center for a few minutes. Have a good Friday!