Yes, that’s right, it’s my birthday. (Keep all old jokes to yourself. I don’t necessarily think getting older is a bad thing.)
And I didn’t wake up feeling all that wonderful. Something about having a coughing fit at 3 a.m. on your birthday is just wrong. I mean really. And I’d only been 32 for 45 minutes at that point!
Anyway, let’s do this thing! Dispatches!
• I give big props to Panera Bread for the MyPanera card. I like getting rewards at places I like to eat and I like that this one kind of takes stock of the things you usually buy and bases your rewards on those things. And they gave me a free pastry reward for my birthday. So I took them up on it this morning! Yay, pastry!
• Speaking of my birthday, I have an aunt and uncle who have sent me a birthday card every year of my life. Never missed a year. And. . . I haven’t received a card this year. Maybe they think we’ve moved past that. Maybe it’s just late. Maybe it has something to do with the somewhat strained relationship between my mom and uncle at the moment. Whatever the reason, I know that not getting a card isn’t a big deal. But I thought for sure they’d send one and not getting one makes me kind of sad.
• Maybe I shouldn’t be too upset about not getting a card. I mean, I haven’t gotten ANY cards in the mail. None. I don’t know why. Maybe everyone’s busy. Maybe people no longer send cards; I mean, I don’t. But I think I might restart that because really, it’s nice to get mail on your birthday.
• Someone decorated my office door at work for my birthday. There are streamers. And I have no idea who did it!
• Have I mentioned I don’t really feel very well today? On my BIRTHDAY!
• One of my all-time favorite musicians, Andy Davis, is playing in Nashville this weekend as part of Next Big Nashville. I would love to go hear him tomorrow night, but the show doesn’t start until 8 or 9 and Andy doesn’t go on until 10:30 or 11. And I’m not even sure I could get in by buying a ticket at the door because it’s part of a festival and most festival-goers have wristbands that will get them into the show and how many tickets are available at the door are dependent on how many festival participants are already there. And I have to get up fairly early on Sundays. So, Andy, I love you so much, but I won’t be there.
• In other October-related news, I want to be a ’50s housewife for Trunk-or-Treat at my church this year. I am having such trouble finding a 50s style shirtwaist that is cheap enough for one wear. I mean, I’d pay more if I could wear it again, but I’m just not sure I would. Any ideas on where to get a shirtwaist dress or a swing dress and crinoline?
Anyway, have a happy Friday. Celebrate October 1 wherever you are. It is a GOOD day!