Hello, my dears. (Yes, I just said “my dears.” Deal with it.)
It’s been a long week and one of those weeks that feel like longer than 7 days—and also one of those weeks in which I feel perpetually behind and perpetually letting people down. But it’s almost over. Which means one thing.
(Well, it means other things, like Friday, a weekend, and not having to get up before the sun rises. But today we’ll just say it means Dispatches because I know you’ve been waiting on bated breath for them. Don’t deny it.)
• I just heard a news report of wrecks being caused all over town this morning by a white Cadillac driving erratically. Do with that what you will.
• If you are a fan of music and a thinker about faith, do yourself a favor and buy Andrew Peterson’s latest album, Counting Stars. You won’t be disappointed and you might even be encouraged. It’s musically superb and thoughtfully honest in all matters of faith. Give it a listen!
• My friend Brandy was here last weekend and we took part in Hutchmoot, a weekend conference-y kind of thing put on by the Rabbit Room. I’ve been asked so many times what in the world kind of word “Hutchmoot” is, that I’m tired of the question. Finally, I just started calling it a writers conference. Which is was, sort of. It was also an experiment in true Christian community and balm for a weary, bruised heart (mine).
• I love “Project Runway,” but I’ve only seen one episode so far this season. For real! Some friends and I are planning to watch 3 straight hours of PR on Monday night at my house. Come over around 7 p.m. if you’d like to join!
• I bought my first Groupon yesterday. I’m still unsure why, except that I LOVE the store it was for (Philanthropy in downtown Franklin). And paying $25 for $55 in merchandise? Not a bad deal!
• The Civil Wars and Madi Diaz are playing at 3rd and Lindsley on September 4. Anybody wanna go?
• The Cardinals had a bench-clearing brawl with the Reds earlier this week. The funniest part? My mother telling me what Yadi said to start the whole thing.
• Today I have to go to the doctor for a check-up. Fun times. (Or not).
Well, that’s all I’ve got today, which admittedly isn’t much. But it’s Friday. It’s been a really long week. And I’ve got MUCH to do before I sleep. (So much, in fact, I’m pondering working on some of it over the weekend. 😦