It’s Friday! I’m so excited!
Well, not as excited as I was yesterday because it felt like Friday, but Friday, especially Friday before a long weekend, is always a good thing. And I honestly need the day off.
Ready for “Dispatches”? Let’s go!
• It’s been four weeks since the flood in Nashville. That’s just weird to think about, because it feels so recent and so far away. There’s still a long way to go, so continue serving and giving. This is going to take a long time to rebuild from. But, in case you’ve heard otherwise, Nashville is open for business and we’d love to see you!
• Last night, I went to the Bluebird Cafe (a Nashville institution) to listen to a guy from my church sing in the round. We didn’t really know Curtis did music until one of my friends saw it on the schedule for the Bluebird about a month ago. We decided we HAD to go and see what kind of music Curtis did. He’s awesome, guys! A really thoughtful songwriter and a good singer. It was great.
• During the night, my friend Buddy took pictures because Buddy documents EVERYTHING and it’s one of the reasons we all love him. There were some funny pictures, including one in which I appeared to be glowering at the camera. I looked like my grandpa! I made a derisive comment about the photo on FB and Buddy took it down. Thing is, I really didn’t care! As long as the pictures of me are all in good taste, I’m fine with them being posted on FB, even if I look unattractive.
• Speaking of FB, I’m one of those people who considers everything I put up there to be public. So, I am careful about what I say or post on there. I wish more people, especially teens realized this. Facebook is now something college admissions people are looking at as well as companies with whom you might be interviewing. So, think before you post that status update, picture, or whatever. If it’s on the Internet, it’s pretty much public.
• The Cardinals aren’t playing well right now. Would you all join me in a time of prayer about this? They need to be clicking on all cylinders when I see them play on June 28, 2010. In really good seats thanks to a friend from church!
• For the past two weeks or so, Mindy and I (and sometimes others) have gone out for coffee on Friday nights. I’ve been calling it Fido Fridays because we generally go to a coffeehouse called Fido, mostly because Mindy knows I like Fido. Will the tradition continue tonight? I don’t know. You’ll have to stay tuned to find out.
• I’m going to Missouri next week to visit the family. I can’t wait to see my nephew who has become a little man since Christmas.
Well, I’ve got to go rustle up my second breakfast. I only had toast for the first one! 🙂
Have a happy Friday and an wonderful Memorial Day weekend!