So it’s the Wednesday for Christmas. I’m waking up in my bedroom at my parents house. It’s quite, except for the TV that’s blaring the morning news somewhere in the house. I haven’t actually gotten out of bed yet and only reached for the computer to see what time it was.
And yet I ended up here. Writing an edition of Dispatches. Somehow, I’m surprised and not surprised! But, here we go!
• I slept well in my old bedroom on the mattress that hurts my back. Well except for dreaming about wearing olive green eyeshadow. That wasn’t so cool.
• There’s good news about my grandma. She didn’t break her arm, but she is getting more and more combative at the nursing home. They met with the psychologist yesterday who said this would not be getting better and gave some straightforward advice to my family about how to treat my grandma. They’ll be trying to manage her mood swings and combativeness with meds, but if that fails, she may be moved to another nursing home that can handle these things. And the best ones are about an hour away from my hometown.
• I got to see my nephew last night. We played ball and he didn’t mind when I sort of hit him on the head with the ball. He also, sort of, learned to play catch with Muffin. I think it weirded her out.
• When I was growing up, my brother and I had Christmas Eve Eve traditions. For the life of me, I can’t remember what they were!
• I just looked outside and it looks cold and gross. Maybe I’ll finish this and go back to sleep. I don’t think anyone would mind!
• I would like some dark chocolate and there appears to be none around my mom’s house. Sad!
I think I hear my mom getting breakfast ready. And I wouldn’t want to miss that! So, I’m off of here! Have a wonderful Christmas! I probably won’t be back on here for a couple of days, so enjoy the gift of my silence! Love and hugs to you all!