Oh, yes! It’s Wednesday. The work week is on the downward swing—and your day is made better by a little “Dispatches.” Yes, it is. Stop shaking your head. Yes, IT is!
Or at least that’s what I like to believe.
Oh, well. Even if it isn’t, it’s all you’re getting today. So deal with it!
• File this one under “Terribly random, strange things that make life wonderful and weird”: When I take the interstate to work (which is all the time lately, because I’m always running late), my least favorite stretch of road is the portion of interstate near downtown where I-65 and I-40 merge together. You have people coming from I-40 merging to your right and to make it worse, there are exits coming up that people on I-65 are trying to get into the exit lane for, which is only compounded by the fact that all the merging traffic is driving in those lanes because there’s nowhere else for them to go. I particularly hate this section of road because I’m one of the people on I-65 who need to get into the exit lanes and it’s always a little like playing Frogger to do so. Today, when I looked into the lane on my right to see if I could get over, there was a red truck there. No big deal, right? The driver and I made eye contact. And he made a kissy face at me. A KISSY face. For reals. And seriously, does that EVER work for him? For the sake of women and self-respect everywhere, I hope not!
• My house is always cold. ALWAYS. Part of that is because I’m cheap and don’t turn up the heat as high as I’d like because I don’t want to pay for it. Part of it is because my condo is built on a slab and has laminate and ceramic tile on the bottom floor and that doesn’t lead to warm floors. I also turn down my heat at night because I like to snuggle up in blankets and tend to sleep better when it’s cooler in the room. But I do have a little heater in my room I use to make it slighlty more comfortable. But last night, before turning in, I had also turned it WAY down. So when I woke up this morning and it was 35 degrees outside, it was pretty chilly in the house. And all I could think about was how I wished there was a way to mentally turn up the heat before getting out of bed. I guess I need one of those electronic thermastats you can program to do such things.
• Tomorrow is my nephew’s first birthday! Can you believe it? Me, neither. The big celebration is on Sunday afternoon, which means I’m going to Missouri this weekend, because Aunt Mandy has to be at the celebration. I’m not leaving until Saturday morning, though, (I’m going to a play Friday night) and I’ll come back on Monday, which I have requested as a vacation day.
• I will go on the record as saying that I love having Google mail powering our e-mail at work. So. Much. Better. Than. Lotus. Notes. SO MUCH BETTER!
• I am weighing—wait for it—being a cheerleading coach for Upward Basketball at church. This is a big decision because I am aware that I often say yes to things, then get overwhelmed and too busy. So, by saying yes to this, I’ll be saying no to being involved in some other things. I’m still thinking and praying on it, but I do think it could be fun and a fun way to work with kids at church and reach out to the community. Plus, I could do cartwheels and toe touch jumps and not be stared at, which is what happens when you’re 31 and do these things in random social settings. Believe me, I know.
And with that note of weirdness and me sort of making myself look strange, I’ll end today’s post. Have beautiful Wednesdays! Make a decision to make today a good day and stick to it, even when the crazy starts happening. Because it will. 🙂