I bet you missed “Dispatches” last week, didn’t you? I bet when I posted a travel post, you were wondering if I’d forgotten. Or if I had decided to quite “Dispatches.” Or whatever you thought. I really have no idea. And while I highly doubt any of the above actually happened and would be worried about myself if I thought those things should happen, “Dispatches” is indeed back today from its vacation. You know, just like me.
So, with no further ado, let’s get on with the show!
• I was a little late getting to work today. I can’t blame my dog. I didn’t have THAT morning (AKA Monday). But I did take precious time out of my morning to sew buttons on two of the items I wanted to wear today. Yes, I used the domestic diva skills I have and sewed on some missing buttons. You’re astounded with my needle-and-thread prowess, arent’ you? Well, here’s the deal: I sewed on buttons this morning because I am lazy. L-A-Z-Y. I knew what I wanted to wear today before I went to sleep. I knew both the shirt and the vest were missing a button. And although I had time to watch last week’s episode of “FlashForward” on my DVR until 10:45 p.m., I apparently did not have time to sew on said buttons. So I did my mending this morning while getting ready. I wouldn’t recommend this. You will likely be late to work and won’t do a quality sewing job.
• Speaking of getting ready, why is it that when I care not one bit about my hair (i.e. today) it looks somewhat decent? And when I really want it to look good, why does it do something weird (i.e. Monday)? Granted, if you could see my hair today, you might not agree—but I tell you, at some point today, my hair looked AMAZING!
• I had the weirdest dream last night and I actually woke up laughing about it. It involved Sean Watkins, formerly of Nickel Creek and now doing Fiction Family and WPA stuff. Anyway, I knew he was in town playing with his sister last night, so I’m guessing that’s the impetus for the dream. Also, you should know that once upon a time, when Nickel Creek first came out, I really, really liked Sean. I mean, I once helped (b/c I know my friend Brandy) set up for an Andrew Peterson Christmas concert that I couldn’t actually attend at the Belcourt b/c Sean was one of the artists involved. I thought I might meet him or something! Alas, I did not. But in my dream last night, I did. In a parking garage. We were both drinking coffee (?). He came up and started talking to me and either I gave him a ride somewhere or he gave me a ride somewhere. It really didn’t make much sense. We just sort of rode around in some car for the rest of the dream and talked. It was like some weird, slightly awkward first date when you’re trying to get to know the person better and end up saying something stupid. I’m not sure what any of that means, but it was funny when I woke up smiling from the dream.
• I had cheesecake on a stick last night at my friend Alisha’s. Cheesecake—on a stick! I took a picture and displayed it on Twitter. B/c it was so good, the world had to know. Or at least the small portion of the world who follow me on Twitter.
• I think I’m the only person in the world (except maybe MM himself) who is excited that Mark McGwire is going to be the hitting coach for the Cardinals. But I’m also really apprehensive and waiting to see what happens. I’m not sure it was the smartest move for the Cardinals, but maybe it can be a way for McGwire to redeem himself. The fact is, McGwire cheated and then wouldn’t come clean about it. And he broke my heart in the process. You couldn’t have had a more dedicated fan than me and, yes, his pictures and news articles about the run for 70 homeruns still indeed decorate my office. But it’s not the same. And he’s going to have to prove himself to get anywhere close to being back in my good graces.
OK, that’s enough of my rambling for today. I have to go to a writer’s conference for a new resource this morning. Writer’s conferences are fun, but incredibly mentally taxing. I expect a headache at some point today. But if all else fails, I can hold on to the fact that I am indeed wearing a cute-ish outfit and my hair, at one point, looked good.
Wait, that just made me sound really shallow. Oh, well. I’ll just have to prove my un-shallowness some other time. Have a good Wednesday!