Really, last night/this morning is not a time I want to live again. Let’s just say my dog is really scared of storms, couldn’t sleep, so I couldn’t sleep, then she got so worked up she made herself sick. It was gross. I don’t want to talk about it and you don’t want to read about it. But I do think my dog is preparing me for the possibility that at some point in the future, I could possibly have children. And children do all kinds of gross things.
But, since Muffin the Wonder Poodle is on my mind, I felt today’s post should be dedicated to her. So, let’s discuss some of the things being her owner has taught me!
• When life gets stormy and you’re scared, it helps to snuggle up to someone who loves you. Someone who’ll protect you. Someone who has proven him/herself.
• When you feel like playing, play. When you feel like resting, rest. When you’re hungry, demand someone feed you.
• There’s a lot to see in this world. Sometimes, though, to see it you have to open your eyes, open the door, and watch.
• Patience is definitely something you learn, not something you’re born with.
• The gift of a new day should be exciting every morning.
• Self-confidence helps you get your way. A lot.
• Food looks better when you didn’t fix it.
• You should be wary of some people.
• Guests should be welcomed with fanfare and dancing. (And don’t lick their toes. They don’t like that.)
• Relaxation is a choice.
• You can work through anger without hitting other people.
• Sometimes, you should be the center of attention. Just not all the time. And you shouldn’t demand it.
• Being nice/sweet gets you further than being mean.
• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.