• Sorry for the lack of an AI post this week. I didn’t get to watch Tuesday’s show due to a focus group for ec in the Detroit area. We didn’t get out of the meeting until 9 p.m. or so and I only got to watch/listen to the performances while eating dinner with my parents last night. I do agree with Matt G. going home, though.
• I think that sometimes I’m very dumb. I admit this. Like Tuesday night. We had traveled to Detroit for the meeting and Detroit is in the eastern timezone. Not a big deal, right? No, it’s really not. Except that on Tuesday night, I was all “oh, it’s only 10:30 p.m. at home, so I’m fine still being awake watching TV.” We were leaving the hotel at 7 a.m. to deal with rush hour while getting to the airport. . . meaning I was getting up at 6 a.m. Which is 5 a.m. central time. Let’s just say yesterday morning was not pretty and I think I napped the entire plane ride home!
• My mom had decided awhile back she was coming to see me and mentioned this week. I said I had to go on a trip, and she decided to come anyway and take care of my dog for me. But it rained at home and since my dad is a farmer, he came, too. So the parents got here on Tuesday afternoon when I was in Michigan, but I got to spend all afternoon yesterday with them. Sadly, they’re leaving today. I wish they could stay longer.
• There is a confirmed case of swine flu in Nashville. Crap! Now I’ll have to stop making fun of people for overreacting and driving me crazy!
• “Last Dance with Mary Jane” just came on my radio. Is it wrong that I got really excited? Because it’s not exactly an “edifying” song. . .
• My new coffeemaker that I got for Christmas (from my parents) has officially quit working. It’s not that old! And a Cuisinart. (And, no, it has not been overused!) Anyway, I told my mom about it and she called the company yesterday. It’s under warranty, so they’re sending a new one my way and I have to send the only one back. Cool!
• I need to buy a small paper shredder for home use. Any suggestions?
Well, I must get to work before I figure out exactly HOW far behind I am!