So maybe you’re a bit confused by the appearance of “Dispatches” on a Tuesday. I mean, it is generally posted on Wednesdays, right?
Well, my dear, “American Idol” has narrowed the field to 36 and is now blog-worthy. So from here on out, Wednesday will probably be a rundown of the Tuesday night show, complete with my picks to go forward/get kicked off. And “Dispatches” will be on Tuesdays for awhile. I hope that doesn’t screw up your weeks! 🙂 Ha ha! (My early fave: Danny)
Ready? Hold on! (And keep your hands and arms inside the vehicle at all times!)
• Yesterday as I was running my 3 miles on the new indoor track at the Downtown Y, I had an epiphany: I really prefer to run outside. OK, first of all, let’s just say that during my foray into the world of running, I’ve never felt like a “real” runner. I’m a reluctant runner with a love/hate relationship for the exercise. I have no pretensions of running a marathon and loving it. I didn’t even love every minute of my 3 miles yesterday. (I just merely liked the first two laps, hated the rest, and somewhere near the end of mile 2 downright detested running.) But I do like the way running makes me feel. And I like to run outside where there is somewhere to run to and a lot to look at. So, warm up a bit weather!
• I do not have a black eye. See here.
• My new flooring (laminate in “Fireside Oak”) looks great. I kind of forget about it every time I leave the house and am enjoying the surprise of it each time I come home. Muffin is still iffy because she doesn’t have much traction.
• OK, yes, I’ve broken up with Michael Phelps over the whole marijuana thing. But really, I’m tired of hearing about it. I think the guy made a mistake, which we have all done at some level. Maybe not trying drugs, but we’ve all made mistakes or done things we wish we hadn’t. It’s just that he’s in the public eye, so his mistake gets magnified and villified. I think it’s time to give the guy a break, let him serve out his suspension, and give him a second chance. (No, that doesn’t mean he’ll be my pretend Olympic boyfriend again.)
• I miss my brother today.
• I have finished my seventh book in 7 weeks. It was Jodi Picoult’s novel Second Glance, which involved a ghost story (which I kind of love) and a storyline involving paranormal investigating and eugenics. Weird combo, right? And apparently Jodi Picoult is friends with Jason and Grant of “Ghost Hunters” on the SciFi channel, which I’m kind of embarrassed to admit I DVR. Not because I believe in ghosts; I don’t. I like it because I love the stories and legends and the interaction between the team, especially Jason and Grant, who I sometimes call “Gay” and “Jant” when I get the first letters confused. I can’t explain it. I don’t really mean to do it. . .
• I am currently reading a non-fiction book (Mindy is SO proud) about Abraham Lincoln. He just turned 200, you know!
• I think everyone should get off on Presidents’ Day, not just government and postal employees and banks. They are my presidents, too! Where I work, we don’t get any days off between New Year’s Day and Good Friday, which I realize not everyone gets off, but being a religious organization, we do. We do not get MLK, Jr. Day. I need a day off that is not a vacation day between New Year’s Day and Good Friday. So giving me Presidents’ Day would just be for the good of everyone who has to put up with me every day. Also, while we’re at it, I’d like 4 weeks of holiday like people in Europe. I’d be so much more productive. And nicer!
OK, off to editing. I must get a lot accomplished today.