So this thing is running rampant over on Facebook, and I got tagged. Since it’s Monday and nothing eloquent about the trivialities of life is brewing, I thought I’d just appropriate the list for my blog. Because really, when you don’t have to think for yourself it’s so much easier!!! (I jest, I jest.)
Enjoy—or not! I can’t force you to! Here we go:
Share Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you. Don’t worry. I’m not doing this on Facebook or tagging anyone. 🙂
1. When I can’t sleep, I come up with stories in my head to help me fall asleep. These are full-fledge dramas with characters who have personalities, names, relationships, jobs. They’re on-going stories and I try to pick up the next time I need to use this tactic right where I left off the last time. I’ve done this since I was little.
2. My brother and I don’t have our own twin language, but we do have some little strange things we say: if we think something we eat is good, we say it’s “nummers” or “nummy.” Sometimes, I forget that he’s not around and say this to other people, who stare at me. I’m used to it by now.
3. I have never known a day in my life that we did not have a pet dog of some kind.
4. I am scared of heights.
5. I have an unhealthy love for organization and The Container Store. But if you saw the closet in my living room, you would doubt this. But that has something to do with the next fact, I think. At least I’m blaming that.
6. The closet in my living room is under the stairs and opens into a crawl space/storage area. This area creeps me out! I think if someone made me get in there, I’d actually go crazy.
7. I really hate folding the laundry.
8. I don’t like to go to bed with the closet door open. If that makes me OCD, so be it.
9. I taught myself to drink coffee black because it’s just easier. I now consider it a special treat to put a little milk in there.
10. I get embarrassed for other people.
11. I realize that I am way too sensitive sometimes and over-analyze most everything.
12. I think it is mutually exclusive to be a Cubs fan and a Cardinals fan, no matter what other people try to tell me.
13. I want a record player. In 2009. (Vinyl sounds better, people.) And this would allow me to listen to all the Elvis 45s my brother and I jammed to on the Fisher Price record player when we were about 6.
14. When I get nervous, I scratch my neck and get extremely cold.
15. I can’t NOT taste the batter when I’m baking. Just know that should I ever bake you anything. I don’t have cooties.
16. I read Gone with the Wind in sixth grade.
17. I don’t have very many nicknames. Emily at work calls me Mandissa. My brother calls me Dink. My parents have some names that embarrass me.
18. Apparently, as a child, I loved the song “Rocky Top.” In my defense, I had no idea it was associated with the University of Tennessee, which although I live in Tennessee, I cannot stand.
19. My first live country music experience was a show at Branson when I was maybe a year old. I apparently cried the whole time the show was going on and my mom had to get up from her row 1 seats and take me to the lobby, where I was happy and cute. Over and over, she took me back in and I pitched a fit. I had a discerning ear for good music even then. At least that’s what I maintain.
20. I am probably the sleepiest person you’ve ever met. I’m always sleepy.
21. My favorite moment of a flight is that moment when the back tires lift off the ground and you know that you are flying.
22. The only trains I’ve ever ridden are at amusement parks and from O’Hare to downtown Chicago.
23. I am really annoyed by the fact that my brother’s ex-girlfriend stalks my blog.
24. I think I’ve seen every episode of “Forensic Files” that Court TV (err, TruTV) has ever put out.
25. I like to put things together. Like furniture, bookcases, etc. I’m better at it than my brother and he sometimes calls and asks me to put stuff together for him.