My friend Erica from high school posted this over on Facebook awhile back, but I need something to get my creative juices flowing for some stuff I’m writing at work today. So I thought I’d play along. And post twice in a day. And basically be annoying. Just deal with it. 🙂
1. Put your iPod on shuffle.
2. For each question, press the next button to get your answer.
3. You MUST write that song name down –– no matter how silly it sounds!
4. Tag friends who’ll enjoy this, as well as the person you got the game from.
1. IF SOMEONE SAYS “IS THIS OKAY,” YOU SAY?
The Infancy of Us- Eliot Morris (I guess that’s a way of saying it’s too early to tell?)
2. WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Love & Tragedy – Nate Stone (Surprisingly on target)
3. WHAT DO YOU LIKE IN A GUY/GIRL?
Until you Got Love – Jon McLaughlin (I guess I want a guy to love me?)
4. HOW DO YOU FEEL TODAY?
The Eleventh Reel- Chris Thile (Again, surprisingly on target. I feel as if I’ve danced 11 reels.)
5. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE’S PURPOSE?
The Sound of Silence -Simon and Garfunkel (Ha ha! And yes, this really is on my iPod. Deal with it. Don’t mock. It’s poetry. Watch Almost Famous.)
6. WHAT IS YOUR MOTTO?
Missing Missouri- Sara Evans (Which I only have because it mentions the Bootheel AND the Cardinals! But while I may not be missing it per se, I am a Missouri girl for life!)
7. WHAT DO YOUR FRIENDS THINK OF YOU?
Young- Nickel Creek (Good answer, guys. Unless you think I’m immature. Then, bad answer!)
8. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR PARENTS?
In Christ Alone- Joel Engle (Aw!)
9. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT VERY OFTEN?
Didn’t Hear that From Me- Josh Kelley (huh?)
10. WHAT IS 2 + 2?
When She Loves You- Emerson Hart (I don’t get it either)
11. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR BEST FRIEND?
All Shall Be Well-Andrew Peterson
12. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE PERSON YOU LOVE?
We Could Go and Start Again- Shawn Mullins
13. WHAT IS YOUR LIFE STORY?
14. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GROW UP?
Twisted Logic- Coldplay (?)
15. WHAT DO YOU THINK WHEN YOU SEE THE PERSON YOU LOVE?
Lost? – Coldplay (My iPod seems to enjoy Viva la Vida much more than I do. . . )
16. WHAT DO YOUR PARENTS THINK OF YOU?
Lost!- Coldplay (Seriously? Back to back?)
17. WHAT WILL YOU DANCE TO AT YOUR WEDDING?
Waterfall- Griffin House (No dancing to this. I really don’t like it a whole lot. . . and it’s not danceable)
18. WHAT WILL THEY PLAY AT YOUR FUNERAL?
Solitaire- Shawn Mullins (I highly doubt this)
19. WHAT IS YOUR HOBBY/INTEREST?
A Rush of Blood to the Head- Coldplay (Really, that’s my hobby? I don’t guess people write songs about reading, writing, cooking, sewing, etc.?)
20. WHAT IS YOUR BIGGEST SECRET?
Jolene- Ray LaMontagne (I don’t even know someone named Jolene)
21. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF YOUR FRIENDS?
Keep the Faith- Bon Jovi
22. WHAT’S THE WORST THING THAT COULD HAPPEN?
Hannah- Ray LaMontagne (For real? This is the answer you came up with, Magic 8-ball with songs? Really?)
23. HOW WILL YOU DIE?
A Whisper- Coldplay (I hope that means quietly and peacefully with as little trauma as possible.)
24. DOES ANYONE LIKE YOU?
For You From Me- Jon McLaughlin (Any creative analysis on this answer will get points. And I’ll, err, give you a, um, prize. Or undying devotion. Or something great or sort-of great.)
25. IF YOU COULD GO BACK IN TIME, WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE?
Fallen from the Sky – Glen Hansard
26. WHAT HURTS RIGHT NOW?
The One I Love- David Gray
27. WHAT WILL YOU POST THIS AS?
God Put a Smile Upon Your Face- Coldplay (once again, my iPod LOVES Coldplay. A lot. Picks them a lot on shuffle. . . . And this is the song that played when Sydney and Vaughn got together on “Alias.” A little disconcerting. . . .