Simmer down now! Contain yourselves! It’s time for DISPATCHES!
• I was going to do a whole AI blog and had actually crafted one of the events of last night’s show, but it’s really kind of pointless to me until the top 20 (or however many) are chosen and the competition becomes real. These early shows are just showcases for the sadly delusioned people who really think they can sing, weirdos, and a few good singers. It’s also a chance for AI to stretch your attention span to its limit and give you way too much coverage of Stupid Ryan. I will comment on a few things, though, from last night’s show: the guy how sounded like Gollum singing. That was disturbing. I know the guy had worked himself up into a nervous frenzy, but wow, who told you that you could sing? Seriously, it was Gollum from LOTR singing. Either that or he was constipated. I also hate the Bikini Girl and predict she won’t make it past the first round in Hollywood and love Scott, the singer/songwriter guy who is legally blind and is classically trained on piano. AMAZING!
• I’m wearing a shirt with Barbie on it. How many novelty tees do I own, you ask? Wouldn’t you like to know?
• It’s department meeting today. Which for us means FOOD (we are mostly Baptists!). The graphic designers are bringing the food, though, which is always an iffy situation. I used to say they were always bad (because few of them actually cook anything, they just go buy it), but the last time they were astoundingly good. But it’s a little scary because in our department, the graphic designers are always the last people to get here, most rolling in right at or after 8:30 a.m. (which, I believe is the time everyone is supposed to be at work by). So, hopefully, they’ll all get here with food for our meeting.
• I’m skipping chapel today. Does that make me a terrible person?
• I made the recipe I talked about yesterday. I even made the sweetened condensed milk following Paula Deen’s recipe. Mindy came over when she heard about the yummy goodness and had some while we watched American Idol. Yum! Two thumbs up to Brandy!
• If anyone would like to come do some laundry for me and pick out my clothes to pack, I’d love it if you would. ’Cause I surely do not want to!
Have a happy Wednesday, all! 🙂