I love a lazy Saturday. Love them!
Thing is, I don’t get to have them all that often. And I’m not really sure this one counts as a lazy Saturday seeing everything I’ve done, but I’ve enjoyed it immensely. Here’s the play-by-play:
• In a striking break from the usual, I didn’t wake up until around 9 a.m.! Yay!
• Breakfast: honey bun and coffee. Don’t comment on the lack of nutrititional value and/or fat content. I don’t care!
• Laundry, reorganizing, dusting, getting rid of crap that I’ve just held on to rather than throwing it away. It feels good to declutter!
• Lunch: leftover pizza and Cherry Coke Zero while watching “Dawson’s Creek.” Go ahead, laugh. Poke fun. I. don’t. care. I’m a little addicted to Dawson et al, you know, light years after everyone else was!
• Folding of laundry, more organizing, putting laundry away, more dusting, repotting of plants, watering plants.
• Sewed a pillow. That’s right, I, Mandy Crow, sewed a pillow. And it looks good. Before you know it, I’ll have my own cooking and sewing show. You just watch. Or don’t. I’ll be so beloved by my fans that I won’t care if you don’t watch. (OK, I realize I may have slipped off the deep end, but it was fun imagining my show and fame. Just nod your head and pretend I’m sane. It helps me feel better about myself.)
• Made cheesy breadsticks and loaded baked potato soup. From scratch on both. And this soup is AMAZING, I can tell you from past endeavors. There’s everything you could want in a loaded baked potato soup: cheese, butter, sour cream, onions, and of course, bacon! (I did use skim milk and low-fat sour cream and better-for-you-butter substitute which would make Paula Deen cry and beat me with her spoon, but I do still want to be able to wear my pants AND eat the good food.)But, said amazing recipe makes ALOT of soup. So if you’re in town, come by or I’ll be eating it for the next week and a half. If you’re not in town, that’s your bad luck. I could arrange for you to get the recipe if you are interested, though.
Now I’m just waiting for the soup to simmer a bit and the breadsticks to finish baking. Then, I’m curling up on the couch with my amazing dinner and savoring every last bite. And I may not go anywhere today. And I think I’m OK with that. Plus, that would mean changing out of my non-matching outfit and making my hair presentable, both of which would take garganguan effort. I am a bit worried that my neighbors think I’m crazy, though, judging from the looks I got when taking the trash to the curb. I guess they don’t appreciate the shabby chic look I’ve got going on. If that’s what you call a pajama tank top, workout pants and unruly hair. . .
It’s been a good day. And it’ll only get better as soon as this soup is ready! 🙂