Ah, yes. Dispatches. You thought I’d forgotten about this almost weekly almost worthless post, didn’t you? Well, I haven’t. And today, you’re getting some random ramblings that I can’t force you to enjoy or read, but I hope you do. Both.
• I went Christmas shopping last night. The goal was to finish my shopping. I did not. I am close though. I still need to get something for my Grandma (what do you get a 91-year-old woman who really can’t do much anymore?) and get a few odds and ends to add in with gifts. But mostly, I’m done. Unless something I ordered from Etsy for my mom doesn’t arrive in time. Then I’m just screwed.
• Speaking of Christmas shopping, it sort of makes me crazy. I think I hate it. Not Christmas, just the shopping. And malls. And last night the mall wasn’t crowded because A) it was Monday and B) freezing rain was predicted. But I went to Cool Springs Galleria, which is a nice mall, but the flooring they have in there scares me. It’s too slick. I’m always in fear that I am going to totally bust it. This is not irrational either, because it has almost happened. Numerous times.
• Andrew Peterson’s Behold the Lamb of God comes to the Ryman on Thursday! Guess who’s going to be there? ME!!!!! (And Mindy, I promise, you will love it. If you don’t, I don’t know if we can continue to be friends.)
• Janice: I found some cute pajamas as Target I wanted to add to your gift for Christmas. So I bought you some and me some (not the same colors, we’re not twins here!). I apologize in advance. In buying said pajamas, which are Christmasy, I was not aware that they were tank tops and tiny, micro shorts. Because those are so appropriate for winter. You know I love pajamas, but wow, these are tiny. So it won’t hurt my feelings should you give them away and/or never wear them.
• The greatest news of the day: Ryan Adams and the Cardinals are coming to Nashville! I heard this on Lightning 100 on the way to work and nearly had a heart attack. The concert is at War Memorial, a venue I’ve never even ventured into. I may just have to get these tickets! The commercial on Lightning 100 said there was some sort of presale/some such for loyal listeners and to go to their Web site, but I can’t find anything there! Frustration!
• In another rarity, I painted my nails last night. In a word, they look terrible. I really should invest in manicures, but the painting of my nails happens so rarely. The color is called hypnotize. I love Rimmel’s nail polish names. I also own Speed Dating and Promiscuous (which oddly, is not a color I would even remotely consider appropriate for the name Promiscuous). Hypnotize is kind of purple color, which is another departure for me since I pretty much abhor most things purple.
OK, back to work. I must accomplish something. I. MUST!