Yes, I’m back in Nashville. Yes, I’m back at work. And really, that’s about as much as my brain can process today. So all you get are some wonderful dispatches!
Things that are good about my return:
• My car passed the TN emissions test.
• I got my drivers license renewed and the picture’s not half bad. And it looks more like me than the previous one from 2001 in which I had post-college hair and wore the same color shirt as the background and sort of resembled a floating head.
• Muffin’s back!
• I learned a lot at FOLIO and actually have a lot of ideas I’ll be working through in the next few weeks.
• It’s Friday!
• I got invited to Andrew Peterson’s CD release party, featuring Randall Goodgame and Andrew Osenga. I think I pretty much HAVE to go.
• “The Office” returned last night and parts of it were really great and awkward. Poor Toby! Yay, Jim and Pam! Dwight and Angela=eww.
• My first day back in the office is Friday, meaning the weekend is coming! 🙂
Things that suck and make me want to curse like a sailor (but I won’t):
• My refrigerator may be dead. I came home to definitely unfrozen food and warm milk. Fun! The repairman is coming this afternoon, but if it’s crazy expensive, I’m just getting a new one.
• It’s Friday after a long week of traveling for work and I’m at work. And have to do an expense report. Which if you know anything about me, will take forever and will take more than one try to get it right.
• Did I mention my fridge?
• I’m worried about Nephew Eli and Amber, my sis-in-law. She’s being treated as having gestational diabetes and has to have another ultrasound “to see if the baby is growing.” That phrase scares me.
• My head hurts.
My fridge is fixed. Ice is forming in the freezer! Yay!